City & Country - new homes in United Kingdom
City & Country is a family-owned business which was originally founded in 1962. The Group has always been construction focused, although over the last 50 years we have been successfully evolving and embracing change to become a market leading niche developer; specialising in working with the very best of Britain’s architectural heritage and sensitive landscapes.
Based in Stansted, Essex, City & Country has historically operated in East Anglia. As part of our strategy for growth and in order to capitalise on our core skills and new opportunities we have expanded our sphere of operation to include London, the South East, the South West and prime markets around key cities.
Quality is at the centre of everything that City & Country does, which is how we remain leaders in our field. By combining experience with a fresh, creative approach and a strong emphasis on design and traditional craftsmanship we are able to deliver successful and aspirational developments. With fifty years in business, our most powerful motivation continues to be the constant pursuit of excellence and continuous improvement in every part of our business.
City & Country has a reputation for creating outstanding homes. As such our properties and our business consistently win prestigious awards because we exceed expectations in terms of innovative, sympathetic design combined with high quality and traditional craftsmanship. By the very nature of the restoration projects we embrace, each presents its own challenges and this has been recognised by a wide spectrum of independent experts. Recent awards include
· 2011 What House? Awards, Gold - Best Small Housebuilder
· 2011 What House Awards, Gold- Best Starter Home: The Galleries, Brentwood
· 2011 Evening Standard Awards, Best Conversion (Highly Commended) Old Saint Michaels, Braintree
· 2010 What House? Awards, Gold - Best Renovation: Old Saint Michaels, Braintree
· 2010 Evening Standard Awards, Best New Starter Home, Winner: Old Saint Michaels, Braintree
· 2009 What House? Awards, Gold - Best Development: The Galleries, Essex